Carl brought spring home from the grocery store.
Last night Carl and I went on a triple date with good friends. We then headed over to the University with them to participate in a Q & A about relationships, marriage, sex, church and pretty much anything they wanted to ask. It was separated guys/gals.
We had so much fun and it could have lasted hours because I knew that there were many more unanswered questions. They asked awesome questions ranging from submission, how to find a church, expectations in marriage, prayer, and a whole lot more that I can’t remember right now.
I do hope they invite us back or at the very least I will have to add a Q & A to every Monday night when we have college students over dinner. We are up to 9 regular attenders…I am curious if that number will grow. The Lord knows.
Better late than never?
We didn’t write a family letter for 2013 which bums me a little bit. I asked my kids mid-December to tell me their highlights. It has been transferred from one “to do” list to another and now we are closing in on the second month of the new year. Today is the day – no more!
- 3 new cousins
- Going to the ranches
- Seeing Devil’s Tower
- Helping out at the Calvary Orphan Ministry Garage Sale
- My weekend away
- Reading Keepers of the School
- Doing a commercial with Willow and Olivia
- Helping with childcare during Table Talk
- Garage Sales with Mom
- Art Class, Garage Sales, Science Museum, National Day of Prayer
- Seeing Frozen in the theaters
- Going to Elk Ranch
- Playing at the lake with cousins
- Doing pottery in Art Class
- Maggie (our Dog)
- Swimming – she still has a light swimsuit tan from last summer
- lots of snow skiing
- Marc living with us
- Laney’s Birthday party
- Finding Maggie when she was lost for over an hour
- Helicopter from last Christmas
- Leaf Blowing the neighbor’s yard
- Going to Itasca State Park Camping
- Making snowmen
- Bongo drums from last Christmas
- Camping, swimming, special dates
- Being big enough for special dates
- Sleeping in a big boy bed
Carl and myself would say that going to Noah’s Ark Whitewater Rafing Co was a huge highlight of 2013. 4 days away with no work or kids was refreshing for our marriage!
I realized that I never put our amazing family pictures on the blog. Guy Magno of Magno Photography captured our crazy fun family. (I put all the pictures in because I want to remember everything…not just the “perfect” family picture. So – Yes, Max screamed for most of it.)
These two are always climbing trees.