Remember that day that we had family pictures and honest to goodness all children present were crabby pants. Well, Sarah did some amazing work to capture our children not just pouting.
Here they are at Ampersand Photography. I am excited for the CD to arrive in the mail. New pictures for on my walls! I love it!
Today I turned 31.
Birthdays weren’t a big deal growing up so it isn’t a big deal now.
I am glad that I am 31 because at my stage in life, I should be 31. Goodness, I should be 35. I feel very blessed to be where I am. I never want to wish a single day away because we never know the day nor hour with which it will be our last breath.
Highlights from today not is any particular order.
-the Larsen’s managed to break 3 glasses just today…new record for us.
– T-man yanked the curtain in their room right off the wall. Not quite sure how I am going to fix that yet.
– We had Rowan and his beautiful wife over for breakfast – the family favorite of sticky rice w/mangos and strawberries. Rowan was our hero who came to Ethiopia to help us pick up the boys.
– Mom came to visit with my niece Zoe
– Met with a dear friend and we are accountability partners. I am thankful she comes here while the kids are “resting.” (more wrestling around in their beds, but they know I won’t come in if she is here…they get away with a whole lot more on days like today.)
– Ate two meals of leftovers…our frig was full and it was bonus that I didn’t have to cook today, but..
– I made 3 batches of refrigerator pickles…anybody want some? I surely can’t them all to myself. That is a lot of pickles.
– Carl is tucking the kids into bed and I am not helping tonight.
– I say this every night. I am going to go to bed early. We’ll see if it actually happens.
I have now entered a new era. I cannot say that I have 6 kids 6 and under because Grace turned 7 today.
7 – SEVEN!
Grace you are growing up to be a beautiful girl. I love your heart and tenderness. May you grow in grace and beauty of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Never ever in a million years did I think I would be a mother of triplets. Let me just say I feel so completely under qualified to do this job.
I can’t even begin to describe how difficult it is to parent three children the same age at the same time. Let’s just say constant redirecting, correcting and disciplining are what I do from sun-up to sun-down. What do you do when you are “talking” with one child and then the other two start laughing and before you know it all three are belly laughing. I want to scream, “Can’t you see I am trying to have a serious moment and shepherd your heart towards Jesus. And you are laughing at me.” But screaming never really helps in the long run. Oh, it can get them to be quiet for about 10 seconds but doesn’t get to the heart of the issue.
The three of them are quick! Extremely quick to turn the lights on in the Sprinter van to make the battery dead, run water for extended periods of time, empty all of our soap containers, (I have leaned to only fill them 1/3 full) touch light switches, radios, buttons on just about everything and leave crumbs in the toy room, so now we are blessed with sugar ants. Isn’t that so sweet?
I need a shepherd crook. I totally get why shepherds have them now. I need about 6 extra feet of reach and to be able to gently but firmly bring the kids back into the “group” aka our family. Is it even possible to buy a real crook? Gosh that would be such a good visual reminder for all of us.
I love my triplets and wouldn’t trade our life for anything in the world. They are funny, lovable and so so sweet, especially when they are sleeping. I sometimes go in their room just to nuzzle my nose into their necks and give them kisses while they are sleeping. They will never remember that, but I will.
Finally I can go safely into the garage.
One skunk ran out and the other…well…let’s just say there is one less skunk in the world.
Tomorrow we will need to air out the garage because wowee…they can sure stink up a place.
I feel so much better now. I am thankful for my husband who had to be the man and take care of all that.
Off to bed…